Sunday 25 November 2012

This enlargement is from the "Morrigu" piece, I often make overlapping mythological and archetypal connections within my work and this one is a perfect example. I call this detail piece "Inaana's Dream" based on the Sumerian goddess of that name. To me she represents a shamanistic vision quest to the underworld which is symbolism I relate to the subconscious or Absu as I like to call it, Inaana's
decent is a well known mythological theme and even though the Morrigu was a Celtic goddess I have made connections and parallels over many years of interpreting and exploring the archetypes. essentially the two represent Initiation or self initiation, the willingness to undergo change and to be shaken from within.
view the entire piece here.   M O R R I G U

No comments:

Post a Comment